[GTALUG] Linux Journal, RIP

Ken Heard ken at heard.name
Sat Mar 3 08:31:07 EST 2018

On 2018-02-02 05:06, Russell via talk wrote:

Snip.

> For my personal pleasure in reading tho, I prefer paper. For one it's easier on the eyes.
>
> Also I have several dog eared reference books I would never trade for their digital versions. The simple fact is, that while flipping pages searching for one thing, I learn many other things.
>
> Accidental learning, this is something almost completely eliminated by key word searches of digital documents.

I don't think so.  I find that when I look up something on for example
Wikipedia, I find myself following many of the links in its articles
which take me to all sorts of places unrelated to my original quest. In
fact I sometimes run the danger of forgetting what I was originally
looking for -- but on the other hand memory loss is attributable to age,
and I qualify for such loss on the ground of age.

Ken