[GTALUG] Gerbera DLNA problems

Stephen stephen-d at rogers.com
Thu Jun 28 00:36:12 EDT 2018

For years I ran Mediatomb, a DNLA server, on Ubuntu and played on a
Panasonic Blu-ray player. Three locations throughout my home.

No problems at all.

Now, Ubuntu killed Mediatome, but Gerbera has taken over and I have that
installed and running.

But I have problems with some mp4 files. Some play very well. But they
take longer to start playing than under my old setup.

And many do not play at all. After about 30 seconds of trying to load a
message window appears for 1/10 of a second, and I am back to the menu
for selecting files. No idea what the message is is.

All files play just fine on the Ubuntu computer. No problem with flac
music files.

I am asking for ideas on how to diagnose this problem.

I can’t find any kind of support forum for Gerbera.

All help appreciated!
--
Stephen