[GTALUG] server questions - - help needed

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 17:19:54 EDT 2018

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 7:50 AM, David Collier-Brown via talk
<talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> On 03/06/18 10:57 PM, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 5:54 PM, William Park via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
>> wrote:

>>> Who does the stopping?  BIOS or Linux kernel?
>>
>> Bios - - - need to hit F2 (IIRC) to kick the bios in the pants and
>> then I can get
>> to the os prompt a little later.
>

> Google for "Server stuck at F1 or F2 prompt". Depending on your vendor, you
> will get quite a bit of information on probable causes and diagnostic
> processes.  I had to debug a work Dell with that a while ago, and sometime
> in my Copious Spare Time Intel server (;-))

This beast has been set up in the expectation that a tech is available 24-7. Oh
well - - - it is easy to see that management has not ever had these demands
placed upon them so they think its quite 'normal' to ask for this.

Thanks for the tips!

Dee