[GTALUG] Messages are bouncing

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Jul 27 00:23:50 EDT 2018

This seems to  describe a problem where the recipient's mail service
subscribes to a spam blocklist that is incorrectly blocking GTALUG.

This is not GTALUG's problem; the recipients not receiving mail should
complain to their mail provider to use a better blocklist. Or perhaps
those recipients should switch to a different mail provider that doesn't
use that blocklist. Selfhosting springs to mind...

Alex shouldn't have to contact every poorly configured blocklist when
recipient mail providers choose to use those poorly configured
blocklists.  Of course, when the recipients' mail provider doesn't give
any indication to the recipient that their mail is being blocked, it's
difficult for the recipient to know they're missing mail. And if mail
from talk-owner at gtalug.org is also blocked, then it's impossible for the
list owner to let the recipient know their mail is bouncing.

--Bob, who is experiencing such problems with the lists he manages.