[GTALUG] Specific question about mailing list management

ac ac at main.me
Wed Jul 25 02:06:57 EDT 2018

Hi Evan,

The quick answer is that there is no agreement on best practise for
unsub messages, the amount of verification (and time span of) and a
number of other abuse related issues.

Here is what I personally (wrongly or correctly) do:
Subscription (Opt in message / Confirm email message - 1 per day max
three days)
Unsubscribe - no message - just unsubscribe

never send any email from noreply@  I am not Google or Microsoft
(and even the dentist around the corner is now doing that *sigh*)

When subscriber does anything on a link (Web) - send a confirm your
request email

hth

Andre