[GTALUG] looking for a tool to transform table relationships

Clifford Ilkay cilkay at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 16:28:17 EDT 2018

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 3:40 PM Alex Volkov via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> Yes, now as I've done a bit more research just doing SQL with dblink
> might be the way to go. The thing I don't like is SQL for text
> transformation can be pretty awkward.

PostgreSQL has great text manipulation functions actually. What is an
example of a text field you want to transform?

You might find something useful here: <https://github.com/pawl/awesome-etl>,
though if this is a one-off, it may be quicker to write your own scripts to
do this. If your dump file is a comma or tab delimited file, you can easily
open it in your spreadsheet of choice and write a formula to transform
data. I've done this many times.

Regards,

Clifford Ilkay

+1 647-778-8696