[GTALUG] Fetchmail and Office365 and backslashes, oh my!

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Wed Jul 4 18:47:14 EDT 2018

In a previous life, I worked with one of the people MS hired to do the
ergonomics of Windows 95.

Their task was to provide a lovely user interface that was *as different
as possible* from any of Xerox Star, Apple Mac or Unix X11, specifically
so that people would find them frustrating if they had ever used Windows.

Regrettably, that meant that Windows was frustrating to anyone who had
ever used a computer.

Net result: they had to compete on quality alone, and Mac won.

It looks like history is now repeating itself. I rather hope with the
same results.

--dave