[GTALUG] Getting external IP

Jose A. Dias jose.dias at diaslan.net
Sat Jan 27 21:06:29 EST 2018

And while you're scraping that, you can ping the default gateway that
the "modem" gives you and as long as you can get there then you're
connected.

I do that to keep an eye on what Rogers does in the neighbourhood. I
ping the external address of my firewall, the default gateway, the dns
servers listed then google.ca and rogers.com.

CPE001b211b9dbf-CMf0f2495bbda0.cpe.net.cable..
             ok 99.224.22.24
             ok 99.224.0.1
             ok 64.71.255.204
             ok 64.71.255.198