[GTALUG] Getting external IP

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Sat Jan 27 17:25:51 EST 2018

Yes, my main concern is connection, because I have VoIP phone and
is no fun getting disconnected every hour or so.  But, Carrytel told me
to connect my PC directly to the cable modem.  Right after talking to
them, my IP and DHCP lease time changed.  Before it was 1 hours lease,
now it's 48 hours.

I'll look into "ping".  Problem with ping is that it prints timestamp in
Unix seconds.  I want it in regular date/time.
--
William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>