[GTALUG] Shopping for bluetooth headphone... which brand?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jan 18 13:03:56 EST 2018

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 11:22:09AM -0500,  wrote:
> I got my wife some (Made by LAPTIC) on amazon a few years ago for the
> insane price of $40 and they work great and put up with a lot of abuse.
> Too bad that model isn't available anywhere anymore.
>
> I do see some with great reviews on amazon that I would certainly consider
> if I had to get another set, such as:
>
> https://www.amazon.ca/COWIN-Bluetooth-Headphones-Microphone-Comfortable/dp/B01N6NMEAM/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1516032842&sr=8-9
>
> They have quite a few that may very well work well for the $60 to
> $100 range.

https://www.amazon.ca/COWIN-Bluetooth-Headphones-Microphone-Comfortable/dp/B01N6NMEAM/ref=pe_2797430_269147690_pd_h0_learn
is on sale for $45 starting at 13:15 today (or 12:45 if you have prime)
for about 5 hours.

I actually picked up these except with the noise cancelation feature for
my wife a couple of days ago and they work just fine.  Sound quality seems
decent (certainly for the price) and they have quite decent battery life.
They also nicely use standard connectors so no custom cables to worry
about (that is micro usb for charging and 1/8" jack if you want to use
analog audio instead of BT).

--
Len Sorensen