[GTALUG] Meltdown performance hit.

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Thu Jan 11 16:59:46 EST 2018

I cannot prove this yet but I believe there has been a big performance
hit in the cloud providers.

I use amazon for a couple of lightly loaded servers

Attached is the traffic graph from the last 2 weeks.

Nothing has changed but for the reboot required by AWS as part of their
patch roll out.

The reboot was at Tue JanĀ  2 09:02.

It may be just coincidence but the huge step-wise increase in base load
is just crazy given nothing on my side changed but for the reboot.

So I take exception with Intel's comment that most folks will not notice
the performance hit.

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   land:  (905)513-7688
alvin at netvel.net              ||