[GTALUG] python sweetness — The mysterious case of the Linux Page Table

John Sellens jsellens at syonex.com
Wed Jan 3 23:53:36 EST 2018

One could assert that the days of time sharing systems are largely over,
at least on production systems that people care about.

And I think it's fair to say that it has been good practice for quite
some time to not allow random binaries to run on systems you care about.

I have no idea whether hypervisors (like xen or esxi) are vulnerable.
But the same guidelines can be applied to VMs running on hypervisors.

I wonder how exploitable this problem really is?

Cheers, happy new year

John