[GTALUG] PC build recommendation

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Tue Feb 27 15:51:17 EST 2018

| From: Alex Volkov via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| If I were to go with Intel-based system, I'd probably go with the NUC.

Zotac has announced some ZBox models with AMD Ryzen Processors.

If you like NUCs, you might like ZBoxes.  They are supposed to be
available "some time in the second quarter" of this year at an
unannounced price.
<https://www.anandtech.com/show/12319/zotac-displays-zbox-ma551-an-amd-raven-ridgebased-sff-pc>
<https://topnewreview.com/zotac-magnus-er51060-review/>

I've got ZBoxes, but only inexpensive ones.  They have Atom-family or
Celeron processors.  Some models come with two NICs; I use those as
internet gateways 24/7.

Sometimes these small systems are more expensive than notebooks with
similar resources.