[GTALUG] PC build recommendation

Stewart Russell scruss at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 12:19:23 EST 2018

On Feb 27, 2018 11:32, "Lennart Sorensen via talk" <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

Why a SATA M.2 rather than the much faster NVMe?

I got NVMe for about the same price as SATA last year. It's definitely
worth the upgrade, though do be sure your board's BIOS is updated to
understand it.

With Newegg, some of their "sold and shipped by Newegg Canada" items are
shipped from the US. I couldn't work out if there was any logic to what was
being shipped from where. As it turned out, some items took about a week
longer to arrive than others. So if you're setting aside a specific weekend
for a build, give yourself at least an extra week's lead time.

Cheers
 Stewart