[GTALUG] HackLab.TO's Junk Independence Day is this Sunday from 2pm to 7pm

Myles Braithwaite 👾 me at mylesb.ca
Wed Feb 14 08:34:16 EST 2018

<https://hacklab.to/archives/just-announced-junk-independence-day/>

It’s everyone’s favorite time again: the first Junk Independence Day of
2018! Coming up on February 18th from 2pm-7pm (or later). Bring your
e-waste and dig through other people’s for treasures. On previous Junk
Independence Days, people have walked away with an iPod touch, a 1TB
hard drive, working classic iMacs, bubblejet printers, a Sony mini-DV
camcorder, stereo amps, speakers, a desktop computer and even walk/don’t
walk streetlights! Not to be forgotten, there are always lots of little
chips and bytes for random hacking, too.

Anything left at the end will be picked up on Tuesday, 20th of February
and responsibly recycled by Revolution Recycling, who has been
participating in our Junk Independence Days since the first one. Thanks
Revolution!!

Come hang out with some fellow hackers and search for hidden treasures!
Tickets are not necessary but Eventbrite[0] is a great way to sign up
and get reminders. You can also RSVP via our Facebook event[1]. See you
at JID!

HackLab.TO is located at 1266 Queen St. West, Suite #6[3].

[0]:
<https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/junk-independence-day-tickets-43005470520>
[1]: <https://www.facebook.com/events/1574038156049596/>
[3]: <http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3522641496>

(feel free to share this message with awesome people)