[GTALUG] Linux Journal, RIP

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Wed Feb 7 17:18:15 EST 2018

On 1 February 2018 at 14:55, Kevin Cozens via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> I doubt it. I prefer the magazine on paper. I spend enough time in front
> of a computer as it is. The last thing I want to do is have to spend more
> time in front of one so I can read a magazine.

If you want a paper version of the digital content, there are these magical
things called "printers" that allow you to generate such paper versions
quickly and inexpensively, in the privacy of your own home. If you don't
have your own "printer" you may readily find one at libraries, friends'
homes, UPS stores, or a number of other locations. You could even
selectively produce your copy so that you don't need to carry around
content in which you have no interest.

Sheesh. Talk about first-world problems.

​It's the content that matters. Like or complain about that. The solution
to preferring a paper version of a digital document that you own is
distressingly trivial -- unless you derive joy from sucking up the
resources to truck a physical copy to you from some distant location.​
Eliminating the massive costs of centralized printing and distribution can
be the difference between life and death for many publications.

--
Evan Leibovitch
Toronto, Canada

Em: evan at telly dot org