[GTALUG] Removing write protection from MicroSD card?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Feb 5 09:46:48 EST 2018

On Fri, Feb 02, 2018 at 07:04:13PM -0200, Mauro Souza wrote:
> Micro SD don't have a switch, so it's on firmware or something like that.
> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/138518/how-to-format-write-protected-sd-card
> says hdparm can help.

Unfortunately I suspect that at least in my case the card may in fact
have failed and gone read only to protect any remaining data.

It was being used to increase internal storage on an HTC 10 phone,
and I have found a lot of people who say they have had cards (usually
Samsung cards) die in quite a short time when used that way.

--
Len Sorensen