[GTALUG] Increasing interest in the Go language

David Mason dmason at ryerson.ca
Sun Feb 4 10:29:01 EST 2018

I'm not a crypto expert. (Hugh?)

Most of the crates seem like they are either rust connectors to other
systems (like OpenSSL) or use https://github.com/briansmith/ring (which
follows BoringSSL, which is Google's fork of OpenSSL). On the other hand,
the links suggests that ring is currently failing tests, so ???

What Rust brings to the table, besides safety and speed, is a type system
that could give you a lot more confidence about the correctness of an
algorithm (though I haven't looked at these crates to see if they are
exploiting this potential).

../Dave