[GTALUG] Linux Journal, RIP

James Knott james.knott at rogers.com
Sat Feb 3 08:38:33 EST 2018

On 02/02/2018 12:39 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:
> I haven't put my money where my mouth is.  For example, LWN.net seems
> deserving but I haven't thrown any money their way.  But I do value
> the Globe and Mail and do subscribe.

I do the same with the Toronto Star.  However, there are too many news
sources for most people to afford to pay for.  Perhaps what's needed is
some sort of system, where a pool account is used.  The subscribers
would pay into that account and get access to sources that can receive
revenue from that pool.

However, what's needed are readers who use critical thinking, rather
than accept any nonsense they come across.