[GTALUG] Linux on ppc64 (G5) - distro support

Michael Galea michael at galeahome.ca
Mon Dec 10 19:50:41 EST 2018

On 12/10/18 16:40, Lennart Sorensen via talk wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 08:47:13AM -0500, Stewart C. Russell via talk wrote:
>> One the opposite end of the fan scale, Sunon make a 10 × 10 x 3 mm micro
>> cooler fan. 17000 rpm at 3 V. Can't think what would need that.
>
> Raspberry Pi? :)

Yes, I have been looking at those. I'm sampling temperature/humidity in
my home using DHT22's but I have always suspected that the readings are
a bit off because of a lack of airflow across the sensor.  One of these
would work just fine to get that flow.
Boy, are they pricey though. You would think that with a 25mm fan
running you $5-6, that would bound the cost, but these fans are north of
$20.

--
Michael Galea