[GTALUG] Streaming address for Jazz91 FM?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Dec 3 11:48:31 EST 2018

On Mon, Dec 03, 2018 at 04:29:46PM +0000, Peter King via talk wrote:
> For a long time I used streamripper successfully to catch certain shows on
> our very own Toronto station, Jazz91 FM (CJRT).  A few months ago the address
> (http://streamertheta.jazz.fm:8000) stopped working, and for the life of me
> I can't figure out how to identify a working stream from the station, even
> though it's possible to play it live over the web.  Any ideas, suggestions,
> or even addresses?

Looks like they are using something called cirrus encore for streaming
which does quite a bit of javascript to try and detect add blockers
before allowing access to the stream.

So perhaps if your javascript skills are good enough you can untangle
that spaghetti and find something.

Nothing obvious stands out that's for sure.

Maybe they desperately need to make some add money to stay alive.

--
Len Sorensen