[GTALUG] knotty problem

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 15:12:34 EDT 2018

Greetings

Had some issues with my system and although I didn't need to, in
retrospect, re-install - - - well I did.
Running, as previously, on Debian testing (10 or buster)  with a pile
of ram and and and , with what may be more unusual is 2 graphics cards
and 4 monitors set up as 2 x-screens. (Would love to condense that
into 1 screen if someone has the know how and can describe it but 2
works well enough even if 1 would be very slick (and quite
'interesting').)

So on this new install I have been working to install the interesting
(?) programs that I have had previously. This morning in reading
emails I noticed that I was unable to copy and past using ctrl-c and
ctrl-v. Have been looking at key bindings and the clipboard. Have
reinstalled x11-apps and lxsession as both are liked to clipboard use.
Still no joy. Have been also looking at key bindings and keyboard
shortcuts but I don't know how, and can't find real information, as to
what controls such and if those are possible culprits for the missing
keyboard shortcuts.

Any ideas or suggestions as to the culprit (or the recalcitrant
directories/files whatever) would be gratefully accepted.

Regards

Dee