[GTALUG] Which Distro is Best for Running a ZFS-on-Linux Fileserver.

Alex Volkov avolkov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 17:02:45 EDT 2018

Hey Amos,

Why not FreeBSD?

This is one of the first projects to get ZFS ported, in my experience
it's the closest thing to general-purpose linux distro in BSD land that
you can get.

All the GNU tools are available for FreeBSD and shell commands aren't
that arcane.

If you're only going to use the machine for hosting ZFS it might be
worth it.

Alex.