[GTALUG] System Monitor / sysmon

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Mon Aug 20 18:10:12 EDT 2018

| From: Kevin Cozens via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| A quick internet search suggests you should look at the sar command that is
| part of sysstat.

Thanks for the research!

I want a stupid GUI program.  sar is a command-line tool, I think.

sar's manual makes it look very complex to use.  Not really inviting.

If I just act dumb and type "sar", I find it isn't installed (but the
shell offers to install it).  When I say yes, it is installed, but the
shell forgets that I want to run it.  When I again ask to run it, I get:

	Cannot open /var/log/sa/sa20: No such file or directory
	Please check if data collecting is enabled

All-in-all, not as brainless as running sysmon.