[GTALUG] Dan Kaminsky Bugs aren't random ...

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Thu Aug 16 14:49:42 EDT 2018

| From: Russell Reiter via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

Thanks.

I started watching but I found it quite irritating.

But it did send me on a web journey.

He showed an "Up" computer on a slide, so I searched that out.  The Up
Squared looks interesting:

<https://up-shop.org/28-up-squared>

- single-board computer (like Raspberry Pi)

- Intel Celeron processor, enough memory etc., 2 gigabit ethernet ports
  (good for a router).

- however I've gotten similar functionality cheaper (certain Zotac
  Zboxes)

Up also has an SBC meant for Computational Neural Nets / Vision,
the Up AI Edge:
<https://up-shop.org/25-up-ai-edge>

That's based on the Intel Movidius Myriad 2 chip.  I'd not paid
attention to that.

<https://www.anandtech.com/show/11771/intel-announces-movidius-myriad-x-vpu>

Interestingly, those chips have a pair of onboard LEON4 processor
cores.  I'd not heard of that before.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LEON#LEON4_processor_core>

Which is a 32-bit SPARCv8 processor!  SPARC lives and is being
produced by Intel!