[GTALUG] Dan Kaminsky Bugs aren't random ...

David Thornton northdot9 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 21:51:15 EDT 2018

Conjecture:

Developers are the worker bees, they don't decide what gets done. The
business decides what get's done. They are the expressers of morals and
values. They can choose to cow-tow to the market or standup for something
at odds with the crowd.

Classically businesses have operated with a short-sighted, reductionist,
"externalization of cost" mind set.

The cycle is roughly one employment term in length.  You just gotta push
the cost off to the next cohort and make off like a bandit myself. ( either
to the next hustle or retirment. )

Show me a peice of software you use for greater than 10 years and I'll show
you a peice of software that's starting to mature ( windows, chrome, linux?
).

Sometimes maturity only comes through the death of the parent ( klang, v8 ).

David

David Thornton @northdot9 https://wiki.quadratic.net