[GTALUG] browsers

Charles Philip Chan cpchan at bell.net
Thu Aug 9 19:48:02 EDT 2018

o1bigtenor via talk <talk at gtalug.org> writes:

>  To have some privacy I run Noscript and only give limited approval
> for access. Firefox seems to be only set up to run on M$ systems. The
> sometimes 5 and more deaths (FF) per day are getting quite old.

Strange, I rarely have Firefox die on me (my machine's up time is
between kernel upgrades and Firefox is always running with noscript as
one of the addons). However, I am on OpenSUSE Tumbleweed using the Intel
driver.

You should try to figure out what is causing the crashs. Have you tried
turning off GPU acceleration in Firefox?

Charles