[GTALUG] OpenWRT 18.06 Released

Scott Sullivan scott at revident.net
Mon Aug 6 17:26:19 EDT 2018

https://openwrt.org/

To Quote:

  The OpenWrt Community is proud to present the OpenWrt 18.06 stable
version series. It is the first stable version after the OpenWrt/LEDE
project merger and the successor to the previous stable LEDE 17.01 and
OpenWrt 15.05 major releases.

The OpenWrt 18.06 series focuses on modernizing many parts of the
system, on backporting network offload support for eligible targets and
on laying the groundwork for regular future release updates.

===

I personally had switched to LEDE a very early in 2017. It was fresh and
they met their goal of regularly updating the router distro. I've done
periodic updates from 17.01.1 to 17.01.4. 17.01.5 is out, but I'm going
to jump to 18.06.

OpenWRT / LEDE has been keeping my D-Link DIR-825 in service for almost
a decade now. Originally my home router for a several years, and then an
upgrade (replacing a WRT54G) at my boyfriends home (until earlier this
year, when an Archer C7 went in). It now sits as my test router, and
humming happily away with 18.06.

I'll start rolling this out to my fleet of TP-Link Archer C7 routers soon.

--
Scott Sullivan