[GTALUG] blackmail

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sat Aug 4 09:24:04 EDT 2018

| From: Mauro Souza via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| Don't worry about this kind of email. It's a know scam.

The email proves that my password is in the wild.  In no way does that
prove it won't be used in other ways.

As I said, I wasn't worried for my own security (except as regards
my Canada Computer account).  I did change my CC password and checked
for scary activity on that account.  (Come to think of it, I didn't
check if "I" left spammy comments or reviews on their site.

I'm worried for all other Canada Computer account holders, some of whom
are less careful about reusing passwords.

I'm worried that Canada Computer is not acting responsibly when informed
of a security problem.