[GTALUG] IBM - cache skirmish story.

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 09:54:42 EDT 2018

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018, 8:53 AM James Knott via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> On 04/24/2018 08:44 AM, Russell via talk wrote:
> > My friend was an internal event planner and would login to something,
> VAX/VMS
>
> VAX/VMS was a DEC operating system.  I used to work with it on DEC VAX
> 11/780 systems.

Whatever she was using for line by line editing of reports. She was a fast
modal operator and hers was a local cache problem. She was also a very
serious employee. I wouldn't even look over her shoulder to see what she
was doing at the time. Her words not mine.

> > I got to see Celine Dion perform
>
> No good deed goes unpunished.  ;-)

This was before the fame set in. Blue jeans and charmingly crooked teeth
and all.