[GTALUG] Recommendations for a root filesystem

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Thu Apr 19 19:47:12 EDT 2018

I'm running Fedora, and want a filesystem with a write cache that I can
put on flash, as I occasionally run some evil write-intensive tasks. I'd
love to simulate the Sun trick of flash for write cache and ephemeral
for read cache.

Alas, my brain is roughly at the samfs/qfs level (a predecessor of zfs)
and it's not clear what of the more modern filesystem I should consider
for everyday use.

--dave