[GTALUG] Microsoft says its new Linux-based OS will secure IoT devices for a decade - TechRepublic

James Knott james.knott at rogers.com
Thu Apr 19 10:39:05 EDT 2018

On 04/19/2018 10:22 AM, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:
> For some years, Xenix was the dominant low-end UNIX.  I think that it
> must have been a good business.  Certainly SCO was a powerhouse in the
> UNIX world.

Around 10 years ago, I saw an SCO box running in the Wawa municipal
offices, when I was doing some telecom work there.  This was roughly
around the time when they started getting nasty & stupid, claiming they
owned Unix and Linux.  IIRC, they also claimed to own IBM's JFS file
system, even though it was developed on OS/2 and moved to AIX.  They
claimed that since it was installed on a Unix system, they owned it.

BTW, I don't think they were claiming the original JFS, which was AIX only.