[GTALUG] VM decisions for school laptop..

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Apr 12 10:34:28 EDT 2018

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 10:27:17PM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:
> The following is an idiosycratic reaction to your question.  Not
> exactly an answer and not exactly reliable.
>
> I'm pretty lazy.  If I were your son, I'd use just one OS until there
> was a very good reason to run the other.  And it would almost never
> come up.
>
> Do you have a good example of why he would bother firing up Linux?

I almost never boot Linux on my laptop...  Everything else in the house
runs Linux, I can ssh to it as needed, I have the linux on windows for
tools I need occationally.  But if I am just webbrowsing or playing games,
it really doesn't matter.

Strangely my previous laptop never booted Windows.  Weird.

--
Len Sorensen