[GTALUG] Alternative to Rogers

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Tue Apr 3 10:23:39 EDT 2018

(Top posting to give complete context.)

James:

Under what conditions will VoIP be used with WiFi access?  That isn't the
case with my phone (Android, Chattr).  At least not automatically.

- is Freedom Mobile required?

- it is true for my son's (Google US) Project Fi plan

- I generally load CSipSimple on my Android devices but I think that the
  SIP capability is built into modern Androids.

- SIP has privacy concerns, even worse than GSM.

- who provides the SIP server?  I have paid 3rd-party separate ITSP
  accounts.