[GTALUG] [GTALUG-Announce] GTALUG Meeting on Tuesday 10 October at 7:30pm

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 16:12:26 EDT 2017

On 2017-09-30 03:15 PM, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:

> … in the past have had up to 18 windows
> open and from 3 to 50+ tabs on any one window.

Could one do useful work with that many pages open at once? Each
page/tab is effectively a little VM, so you've got hundreds of “users”
on your system. If just one of those tabs does an image carousel (like
many news or sales sites), it'll use most of a core to do so, even if
hidden.

I thought I had problems with one tab out of 10 or so in Firefox
crashing and turning this i7 into a mini space heater, but clearly I
ain't seen nothing yet …

cheers,
 Stewart