[GTALUG] "Massage Passing" library?

ted leslie ted.leslie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 15:00:23 EDT 2017

Also may want to consider libEv  or asio (boost if c++)., which wrap the
lower levels and also add in features.
libEv is great if you want to keep watchers active while servicing many
requests as those watchers fire.
For messages across processes, i have used signals, locks and shmem  to get
pretty optimal. With signals and
if your design/use allows you may even be able to go lock-free or a quick
atomic lock if arch supports it.
If thread, you can use lock-free collections (have some in boost, and if
c++14/17, may be in standard now).

-tl