[GTALUG] "Massage Passing" library?

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Wed Sep 13 03:24:25 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm looking for keywords to search for...

I have various local peripherals that I need to read and write.  From
top of my head, I'm thinking 3 ways:

    1. Use select(2) (and friends) to round-robin the peripherals.

    2. Each peripheral is serviced by a separate thread, and main thread
    does the business logics.  The peripherals don't need to talk to
    each other (but this may change).

    3. Each peripheral is serviced by a separate process, and they pass
    "messages".  This option is what I want to investigate.

So, do you know any "message-passing" scheme, framework, or library that
I can look up?  I'm not talking about OS or kernel level.  More at
application level.
--
William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>

.