[GTALUG] From BTRFS to what?

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 19:21:12 EDT 2017

On 2017-09-06 10:22 AM, Steve Petrie, P.Eng. via talk wrote:

> Rignt on about ext2/3/4. After much research, my design for the linux
> disk drive partitioning for the desktop PC uses a blend of all three:
> ext2, ext3, ext4.

There's really no advantage in using anything *but* ext4 out of these:
ext2 and ext3 are essentially older, less-journally versions of the same
idea. There might be a niche that could favour one of the older ext*
FSs, but I haven't found it.

And here's me old enough to remember the extfs/xiafs war, too. Not that
age adds anything here but an increasing inability to read small print.

> DFLY (and HAMMER!) seems to have an enthusiastic (but very small) user
> base.

Sounds just like BSD, then.

/drops mic …