[GTALUG] Someone has a Unihertz Jelly Pro smartphone?

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Thu Oct 26 22:46:36 EDT 2017

On 25/10/17 10:35 PM, znoteer--- via talk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Was it on this list that someone said they had a Jelly Pro phone from Unihertz?  If so, would you mind answering a few questions?

That was I, and yes, I will.

> 1) How is the general build quality of the phone (as rugged as any other smartphone, or flimsier)?

I find it's rather sturdy. But the optional case is good to have, the
key-ring loop makes it easier to withdraw from my pockets.

> 2) 240x432 pixels is not terribly high res.  How is this for browser, app and general phone use?

It's a very small device, so the pixel density is decent. Better then my
old flip phone for comparison. You'd not use this for everything you'd
use a traditional smartphone for. My primary uses are as a dedicated
hotspot, and remote control for home automation.

Call quality is decent from the tests I made. But note that I'm using
this as a secondary purposed device, while keeping my OnePlus One as a
primary.

> 3) Given the small screen, how is typing on the on-screen keyboard with big fingers?

Surprisingly good, but not error free. I've had some colleagues test
with, much fatter fingers then mine, and they were also surprised at how
usable it was.

> If I've got the wrong list, sorry for the noise.

You got it and happy to answer.
--
Scott Sullivan