[GTALUG] VMware ESXi Licensing and Quality

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Fri Oct 13 21:12:55 EDT 2017

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 01:47:34PM -0400, Alvin Starr via talk wrote:
> VMware and VirtualBox tend to do better on windows systems and stuff
> like USB devices and both are really easy to use to put up one of
> virtual machines.

Hmm... I have to use VM (VMware and VirtualBox) at work, and I'm having
all sorts of problems with USB sticks.

Mainly, VM will recognize them the first time and can mount them.  But,
VM will not un-mount.  After that, I have to shutdown the guest, then
VMware/VirtualBox, wait 10 sec (VirtualBox has tendency to stick
around), rerun VMware/VirtualBox, and boot the guest.
--
William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>