[GTALUG] Adobe Reader Alternatives for Linux

Dhaval Giani dhaval.giani at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 09:49:25 EDT 2017

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 6:26 PM, Brian Carlile via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> Anybody else tried "Master PDF Editor" (http://code-industry.net)? I ran in
> to the same government document issue with another pdfnand wondered if an
> editor rather than a reader might be the solution. This one seems to work on
> the pdf under discussion, allowing filling and saving ... at least for me
> with Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon

I gave it a run, and wouldn't use it for this form. For one, it prints
the buttons as well, whereas Adobe Reader DC doesn't. So you would
still be in the situation of finding a reader which can print it
properly. I finally remembered that my work laptop also has windows
:D. (Oh boy, the number of policy violations I must have hit while
rebooting ;-) ) and could get access to Adobe through that.

Thanks!
Dhaval