[GTALUG] Build critique request and the story behind it.

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Nov 19 22:25:15 EST 2017

| From: Russell via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

|  My
| LAN box is actually this Cooler Master case.
|
| https://m.newegg.ca/products/N82E16811119265

Ahh.  "LAN" as in "LAN party".  So the box is meant to look cool and be
portable.

| There's a hawk flying around my neighbourhood.
|
| As of yet I haven't been able to catch him in flight chasing crows.

I seem to remember it usually going the other way.  A bunch (murder?)
of crows hound a hawk.

| So
| I'll have to start recording as soon as I see him, but I can't even
| email short videos without down-sampling them.

Depending on the phone, you could probably scp the files while your phone
is on your LAN through WiFi.  That should not have a size limit.

|  It seems, given your previous
| comment on SSD's being prone to complete failure, I should put the
| kybosh on my plan to leave some unallocated space on that drive as LVM
| headroom for /boot.

I'm not sure what that means.  I don't have much LVM experience. Do you
mean: space outside of the LVM-managed physical partition?  To be used for
/boot?  Since you can fairly easily re-install an OS, /boot doesn't seem
particularly precious.