[GTALUG] Build critique request and the story behind it.

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Nov 17 13:58:04 EST 2017

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 09:43:43AM -0500, Russell wrote:
> Thanks, I'm sold. I hadn't fully considered forward compatibility in respect of the display. The improved features justify the new price point. Although I'm a little  wary of the Realtek S1220A codec. There is kernel support for it in 4.11 and people have made it work. It does have an integrated preamp and pop filter, that works for me

Yeah I guess it gains SPDIF connector, a pair of 10Gbps USB 3.1 gen
2 ports, 2 more SATA connectors internally (I can never have too many
of those).  Loses the PS/2 port although I sure didn't use that for
years myself.  Also has a couple of extra audio jacks (Do they have like
8 channel output or something?).  I see it also has the header for
thunderbolt if you ever want to add a thunderbolt card.  The -P didn't
support that either.  Actually not bad for the extra $44.

Looks like a nice machine.  Mine are starting to look a bit dated I think.

--
Len Sorensen