[GTALUG] cheap 3d printer?

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 00:30:35 EST 2017

On 2017-11-15 01:57 AM, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk wrote:
> Here's a thread about the printer I bought.  We haven't used it yet so I
> cannot say how good it is.
> <https://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon-ca-monoprice-select-mini-3d-printer-278-39-2136888/>

Colin McGregor has one of these. They're not bad for the money. The V1
had problems with the controller board burning out, but they're likely
on the V2 by now.

My own 3D printer is approximately 10,000 rivets flying in close
formation. While it's a kit (Reach 3D from Southern Missouri) it's as
close to a from-scratch printer as you can get. It's about the same
price as the Monoprice one.

cheers,
 Stewart