[GTALUG] Brand-name desktop recommendation?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Nov 14 13:49:17 EST 2017

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 11:58:11PM -0500, William Park via talk wrote:
> I've been asked by few people about which desktop to buy.  They are
> technical enough to swap components, but definitely don't have time to
> troubleshoot.  They have more important things to do.  So, I said any
> brand, new or refurbished, except HP.

Actually at my previous job we started getting HP EliteDesk 800 tower
machines and they were actually surprisingly nice little machines.
Well at least 2 years ago they were.  They were certainly better made
than the Lenovo ThinkCentres we had been getting.  I was not impressed
by those at all.  At my current job I have a thinkpad (very nice of
course) and some Dell business desktop (seems to work just fine and no
issues with it although I think the HP was a bit nicer perhaps).

Anything consumer targeted from HP though is best avoided.

--
Len Sorensen