[GTALUG] Brand-name desktop recommendation?

Russell rreiter91 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 06:11:15 EST 2017

I agree with those who are recommending HP desktops. I've never had major issues with them and I have worked on quite a few over the years. I am aware that others have had problems. That was back in the days of y2k panic tho. I believe things have improved quite a bit since then.

Recently I have had good success with Pavilion laptops and my current desktop is also Pavillion.

Currently I've been trying out Linux varients on an HP Mini 110. SOaS, Bunsen, Mint and Fedora all worked with no issues.

Fedora 26 is running on it now and seems to offer the best performance on this bit of older hardware. Not a speedy desktop with 1 gig ram, but its quite solid.

HTH
Russell