[GTALUG] Flatpak: Anyone with Experience or Opinions on It?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Nov 3 14:17:53 EDT 2017

On Fri, Nov 03, 2017 at 01:09:47PM -0400, Dhaval Giani via talk wrote:
> How do you ensure security updates happen everywhere, or that you are
> not linking to an insecure version? What about old software which is
> no longer maintained? Also work is not duplicated?

Exactly.  That is why we don't want multiple versions of the library
around.  We want to get rid of the buggy version with a big security
problem.  Containers and thigns like flatpak and snap just make this
problem much worse.  They are essentially reinventing static linking,
which is not a good place to go back to.

--
Len Sorensen