[GTALUG] USB 3.0 - Hubs RMA EOL Notice 96

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 14:45:13 EDT 2017

Re: The linux kernel XHCI compliancy early adoption.

End of Life for USB 3.0 Hubs
Mandate: Required
Effective Date: January, 2017
Vendors that develop USB 3.0 Hubs will be able to certify these hubs
until Jan 1, 2017. These hubs shall be clearly marked as USB 3.0
SuperSpeed Hubs.

http://compliance.usb.org/index.asp?UpdateFile=USB3#96

For the kernel writing person who was kind enough to correct me off
list regarding my unix glue issues while sorting out bulk endpoints.

I call this my first Potterling hack. It's a tool button which I add
for new users. I use it to quick mute my soundcard. It was not my
first TCL/TK or GLADE GUI radio button definition, but it was my
favorite. ;-) I still use it.

amixer sset Master toggle

I have named it a "Potterling hack" because, in some spins, not so
long ago, Pulseaudio hooked into alsa but did not unmute the hardware.
This caused no end of confusion when the GUI showed mute or unmute but
nothing happened to the users sound.

Shhh, please don't tell Lennart Potterling, I don't want him to know I
often jest while having fun with linux.