[GTALUG] IRC for the 21st century: Introducing Riot

Justin W. Flory jflory7 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 03:55:00 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share a helpful resource with the community about a great
way to use IRC. For anyone familiar with IRC, we know its strengths and
also its weaknesses, especially for people who are just getting involved
with open source for the first time. Over the past year, a new protocol
called Matrix has been developed with a front-end client called Riot. It
integrates easily with various IRC networks, offering a bouncer-like
service and a friendly, easy-to-use interface for various platforms.

You can check out more about Riot and see how to use it in the following
article on Opensource.com:

    https://opensource.com/article/17/5/introducing-riot-IRC

Hope some people find this useful! Thought I would share it. :) Even if
you're already using your own IRC setup, the work going on with Matrix /
Riot is still cool to read about. :) Feel free to share this with anyone
who might find it useful too.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory