[GTALUG] systemd: prctl: add PR_{SET, GET}_CHILD_SUBREAPER was Re: Did I buy the wrong network card? (RTL8812AE)

Russell rreiter91 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 16:05:15 EDT 2017

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 9:44 PM, Russell <rreiter91 at gmail.com> wrote:
I'm top posting this information in the general interest, as I didn't truly get full persistence with the instructions I posted previously.

Still not persistent but xsane works as colord profile now reports
Metadata:      OwnerCmdline=/usr/lib/colord/colord-sane

I just have to wake the service when I want to scan. This didn't work previously  until I fixed the ntp problem.

<snip the middle>

saned at 0.service
# Added by Russ for systemd requirements May 10, 2017

[Unit]
Description=Scanner Service
Requires=saned.socket

[Service]
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/saned
User=saned
Group=saned
StandardInput=null
StandardOutput=syslog
StandardError=syslog
Environment=SANE_CONFIG_DIR=/etc/sane.d SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255

> Device ID:     sane-Canon PIXMA MG2500 Series
> Metadata:      OwnerCmdline=
>
> Possible bug?
> https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-color-manager-list/2011-December/msg00003.html
>
> Well on Ubuntu there is this.
>
> avahi_simple_poll_prepare
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sane-backends/+bug/1351286
>
> I've never heard Lennart Potterling speak, but right now I hear him in my head, in the voice of the Bandito from High Sierra, as he's saying ... POSIX we don't need no stinking POSIX.

<snip>

--
Russell
Sent by K-9 Mail